Monday, May 05, 2003

The Dante's Inferno Test banished me to the Sixth Level of Hell - The City of Dis! Yes! I knew I'd go far.

Here is how I matched up against all the levels:

Purgatory | Very Low
Level 1 - Limbo | Very Low
Level 2 | Very High
Level 3 | Very High
Level 4 | Very Low
Level 5 | High
Level 6 - The City of Dis | Very High
Level 7 | Moderate
Level 8- the Malebolge | High
Level 9 - Cocytus | High

The City of Dis is where nonbelievers, Heretics and unrepentant Pagans go so at least I'll have plenty of interesting people to talk to. I wonder which flaming grave is William Burroughs'?

Aparently I'm such an unrepentant sinner that I can't even dream of getting into Lymbo which is strictly for unbaptized babies and Virtuous Pagans, which is all the authors of Greek classics and pretty decent nonbelievers that were born before Christ. I've always wondered about that.

At last estimate humans have been around for 1.5 million years. But Jesus was only born two thousand years ago. Since, according to scripture, anyone who doesn't except Jesus as their savior automatically goes to Hell, that means there are an awful lot of people who are consigned there for eternity because they were simply born on the wrong side of history. Sure, Lymbo's not so bad, but it still ain't Heavan. I think it was the Marque De Sade who said that God created man with the intent of crowding Hell. Grant it, De Sade had personal reasons for being grouchy about his non admittance but you can't help but get the impression that the game is sort of rigged. Oh, well, the House always wins, as gamblers say.

Sort of makes you wish you were born a Buddhist though, doesn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home