Saturday, September 27, 2003

An Antidote to Lies



I just finished reading Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them this morning. And I have to say I want more. It was witty, inciteful and well researched. The thing that impressed me most was that Al Franken and his research assistants, TeamFranken, managed to keep a steady, even handed tone the whole way through. Sure, he called Anne Caulter and Bill O'Reilly and Sean Hannity names but well, they deserve it. And you can be sure he did it "On the Square" and not with even an ounce of the venom and hatred that the aforementioned pundits have heaped on him and Bill Clinton, little old Ladies and the survivors of the WTC disaster.

What also impressed me was that even though he was pointing out the most damnable and despicable lies and corruption, the book inspired me to reinitiate my own activism in getting the PNAC Platoon out of office. If you want to help, read Lies, then go to MoveOn.org. You'll feel better, trust me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home