Sunday, September 28, 2003

Cobra Commander for President



I realized that a few of my readers may not know what I mean when I refer to the PNAC Platoon. As a budding Librarian, I am more than happy to address the needs of my users:


The Project for the New American Century [PNAC] is a non-profit educational organization dedicated to a few fundamental propositions: that American leadership is good both for America and for the world; that such leadership requires military strength, diplomatic energy and commitment to moral principle; and that too few political leaders today are making the case for global leadership.


This is from the front page of the PNAC website and was penned by none other than William Kristol, chairman of PNAC and editor of the Weekly Standard.

Personally, I'm bothered by the statement, "American leadership is good both for America and for the world; that such leadership requires military strength..." since this seems to me to boil down to good old fashioned World Domination. Think I'm exaggerating? Go read this letter concerning our need to invade Iraq. It was addressed to president Bill Clinton, on Janurary 26, 1998. Notice also that half of the names at the bottom of the letter belong to current members of the Bush administration.

These People, now in office, wanted to invade Iraq 5 years ago, using the same faulty judgment and questionable evidence presented to us by President Bush back in March. For those of you keeping track, thatís 3 years before 9/11, which sort of shoots down that whole idea of Saddam being even remotely responsible for that event, an idea that is faulty in so many ways Iím not going to even bother to dignify it by deconstructing it.

So this is the PNAC Platoon. The people who currently control our government. I don't know about you but I'd prefer Cobra Commander to these jackasses. At least with the Commander, you know where you stood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home