Friday, December 12, 2003

Doing My part for the Cause



Dan Savage, sex columnist extrordinair is making considerable headway in getting an Anal Sex byproduct named for Senator Santorum.

And frankly, it couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Oh, is this too mean? Too dirty? Tough shit folks.

Senator Santorum, along with an awful lot of our elected (and at least one unelected) leaders are trying to deny a portion of our citizens the same rights as everyone else simply because of the form their love takes. If they were trying to deny the same status to ethnic minorities (and some have been in office long enough to have tried that already) we'd be raising hell. So why are we letting our Homosexual brothers and sisters have their rights trodden on? There's no reason other than bigoted fear and loathsome superstition. And that just isn't good enough.

If it sounds like this is a personal cause for me, well it is. I may be a heterosexual married man but I still love my fellow man. And I'm not going to settle for having my friends and loved ones denied the same rights just because Richard Fucking Santorum doesn't approve of who they fell in love with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home