Thursday, January 29, 2004

So That Rash, It's Going to go Away, Right?



The astute reader will note that I have updated the Recently Checked Out section on the right column. I've added The Thackery T. Lambshead Guide to Eccentric and Discredited Diseases by Jeff Vandermeer, which is a fascinating and, dare I say it, addictive little book that is, as might be inferred from the title, a collection of made up but still highly infectious maladies. I've had only a few brief moments to peruse the Guide's pages but I'm already certain my uncle died from a rather nasty case of Mongolian Death Worm Syndrone and once, in the third grade, I had a third eye infection. Worse, I'm startled to find that I have three of the symptoms described under Wife Blindness and The Wuhan flu. Oh dear.

On a serious note, two fellow bloggers have taken ill with actual diseases. So if you get a chance send a thought or word or prayer (if you're into that sort of thing) out to Stradiotto and Steve Gilliard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home