Thursday, June 17, 2004

Blogging by Candlelight

A Thunderstorm knocked out my electricity about three hours ago and now it's too dark to read a book so I'm running down the battery on my laptop. Blogging in the dark? Not so easy.

The fact that I'm SO bored without electricity is a problem. It underscores how dependant we as a species have become on our tools. Seriously, how the fuck did anything get done after sunset before we were all on the Grid? I'm not saying I can't live without TV (I've lost the ability to watch it anyway; the comercials make me feel like I have ADD) or my computer but still, this sucks.

I guess the fact that I realise my dependance is at least a step in the right direction. The fact that I'm powerless to do anything but whine about it is still rather bothersome though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home