Sunday, November 07, 2004

Thoughts From My Wishlist

There's a new McSweeny's collection coming out, McSweeney's Enchanted Chamber of Astonishing Stories, edited by Michael Chabon ( I swear, once Grad School's done, I'm going to finish Cavalier and Clay). And while this one's technically published through Vintage, not McSweeney's I have to say, the whole imprint is growing on me. They have some of the best designed books I've ever seen, and they're full of interesting well written stories. Which is the point, of course, but still worth mentioning. While I didn't realy grok You shall Know Our Velocity, I didn't let that stop me from picking up McSweeney's Quarterly Concern Issue 13, their comics issue, and really impressed with the breadth and scope of the work contained. My friend Viva recently showed me her stash of McSweeney's books and I was all the more impressed. I've been missing out and for no good reason ( yeah, Dave Eggers is kind of a dick but at least he's got a good head for storytelling and recognizing the talent of other writers).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home