Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Sick But Still Here, Watching TV

Cat pictures and even some thoughtful content are on the way-- I've been getting over a cold and busy at work, as if that's an excuse.

Meanwhile, I've been geeking out over the new Doctor Who series, which is now my number two favorite show on TV, after Battlestar Galactica. I don't think it's at all too early to declare a new golden age of TV sci-fi at hand. That both these shows are re-imaginings of classic series grown stale under their own weight probably has something to do with it.

I noticed this with Batman Begins; after years languishing in the hands of people who didn't get the source material to begin with and produced rudimentary derivatives based on their own agendas, studio execs have wised up and decided to let the fans who grew up on these series have a go. And it's paying off because the best work is done out of love for the ideas.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bryan said...

Welcome back, get well.

4/04/2006 11:38 PM  
Blogger Keith said...

I'm much betternow. except that the time change becaus eof Dalight savings has me all messed up.

4/05/2006 6:51 PM  
Blogger ntodd said...

I noticed this with Batman Begins; after years languishing in the hands of people who didn't get the source material to begin with and produced rudimentary derivatives based on their own agendas, studio execs have wised up and decided to let the fans who grew up on these series have a go. And it's paying off because the best work is done out of love for the ideas.

Amen.

And be well.

4/06/2006 8:22 PM  
Anonymous Amy said...

Doctor Who really has been doing the sci-fi genre proud. At first I was skeptical, but it's really top notch

8/28/2010 1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home